This policy explains why we request personal information, how you can give or refuse your consent, what information we request, and who else may have access to it.
- The main reason for collecting, processing and storing your personal information is to be able to provide you with the services you have requested. These services could include information, updates, bulletins, surveys and competitions.
- Personal information will be collected and stored by Cow & Gate or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To directly provide the services you have requested.
- To enable third parties to process and manage your information to enable us to provide the services you have requested.
- For security, administrative and legal purposes.
- To update and enhance the website and the services provided.
In such cases where Cow & Gate asks you for personal information, we will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent. According to the contact details provided by yourself, we will provide the services you have requested by post, e-mail or telephone. For instance, if you do not wish us to contact you by telephone, then you do not need to give us your number.
- By registering on this website, you consent to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
- Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- If you object to the use of your personal information in any of the ways mentioned, please tell us by logging in and changing your preferences in the `My profile` section.
- All our email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option by which you can opt out of further email contact if you so wish.
- You have the right to ask Cow & Gate for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must request this in writing, and that this may be subject to a fee of up to £10. The address to write to is:
The Data Protection Officer
Cow & Gate / In Practice
White Horse Business Park
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the services you have requested, Cow & Gate will store the information that you have chosen to give us. We can do this in 2 ways:
What are cookies?
- Directly from you by your registration details.
- Indirectly from you by information from your visits to this website (see further information below about Cookies).
This website deposits certain bits of information called ""cookies"" in a visitor`s computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site`s computers and stored on your computer`s hard drive.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the ""Help"" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to receive personalised information on our website.Who else might see my personal information?
Cow & Gate may update this policy at any time. If we do this, it will be highlighted on the Home Page, so that you are aware of the need to check it again.